BTC’s Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program will prepare you for a career as an HVAC & Refrigeration Technician. You’ll learn new, higher-efficiency technologies and practices, with the valuable hands-on training that employers are looking for.
In two years, you can be well-positioned for high-wage employment with heating and air conditioning contractors, refrigeration contractors, hotels, school systems, or industrial processing plants.
- Graduates will be able to diagnose, repair and maintain common HVAC/R electrical and mechanical system problems
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively with customers, managers and fellow workers
- Graduates will be able to adhere to environmental laws and regulations as applied to HVAC/R
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate employability behaviors and work ethics
- Graduates will be able to embrace the model of life-long learning, accessing new information to remain current in industry trends
Program Entry Information
- This program admits students twice a year, in the fall and spring quarter.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic score of 50 or a C grade in MATH 090 or ABE 050 .
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or a C grade in RDG 085 , and ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or a C grade in ENGL 092 .
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater. AAS-T Degree requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all academic courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer