Here’s a program to consider if you enjoy helping people and like variety in your career. BTC’s Hypnotherapy program will lead you to a rewarding career as a hypnotherapist, using hypnosis techniques to support clients with pain management, behavior modification, and other concerns.
You’ll learn valuable skills to use in your own private practice, or in a variety of healthcare settings, working with doctors, dentists, nurses, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
- Program graduates will apply legal and ethical issues of healthcare workers and use hypnosis techniques in a professional setting for the purpose of pain management, behavior modification, and many other psychological and social concerns clients may have.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to apply to become a registered Hypnotherapist with Washington State through the Department of Health (DOH).
Program Entry Information
- This program starts in the winter quarter.
- Courses must be taken in sequence.
Pre-Program Course Requirements
- It is recommended that students have good basic academic skills.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Hypnotherapy Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for Hypnotherapy courses and P/Pass HLTH 103 and HLTH 133 .
- Students are encouraged to submit an admissions application but may enroll winter quarter without program application or admission. Courses are held one evening per week plus one Saturday per quarter.