If you have a high attention to detail, and are looking for a solid career in the legal field, choose this program to prepare to be a legal administrative assistant, legal receptionist, or legal secretary. Employment choices are many for highly-skilled workers in this field. BTC’s Legal Administrative Assistant Program will provide you a wide range of skills to use with employers such as law firms, government offices, real estate firms, and corporate offices.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in touch keyboarding at 55 wpm on a three-minute timing.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate 80 percent competency in business document formatting, proofreading, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, alphabetic and numeric filing, legal proofreading, legal terminology, legal keyboarding, and ten-key proficiency.
Program Entry Information
The program typically starts in Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer Quarters.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or a C grade in RDG 085, and ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or a C grade in ENGL 092.
- ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of C or better in MATH 090
Pre-Program Course Requirements
- Students must have an ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of “C” or better in MATH 090.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Legal Administrative Assistant Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer