If you have an interest in the health and fitness industry and would like to prepare for a career as a Personal Fitness Trainer, this program is for you!
This program is designed for people currently employed or seeking employment in the fitness industry, or individuals wanting a better understanding of health & fitness.
Completion of the program will prepare students for jobs working in the fitness industry, both in a fitness facility and as a private trainers.
Students will be introduced to the National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT), a certifying agency that offers a career and employment placement program, with a nationwide network to assist successful candidates with job placement in the Fitness industry.
- Demonstrate proficient methods of developing and leading group exercise programs and complete personal guided training programs.
- Effectively manage gym operations or a training facility.
- Provide the tools needed to develop healthy lifestyle habits professionally and personally.
- Successfully pass the NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Certification test.
Program Entry Information
- This hybrid program starts in the Fall quarter and courses must be taken in sequential order. Program classes meet two evenings per week (Tuesday and Thursdays) and the rest of the time instruction and study is done online.
Pre-Program Course Requirements
- It is recommended that students have good basic academic skills.
- Before taking the hybrid courses, students should be confident about computer and study skills. Students will need access to a computer and the internet several days a week, for a total of 3-5 hours a week for each six-credit class.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.
- This state funded program charges tuition based on residency. To establish residency, apply to BTC at www.btc.ctc.edu/apply. State “Personal Fitness Trainer” as your intended program of study.