According to the 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report by Social Media Examiner, marketers place a very high value on social media for growing and promoting their businesses. 96% of marketers surveyed indicate that social media is important for their business, while more than 91% want to know the most effective social tactics, and the best ways to engage with social media. From Facebook to LinkedIn, Twitter to YouTube companies and individuals embrace social media platforms to attract and retain customers. The program addresses the many benefits and challenges of social media usage, and provides a roadmap to help individuals and companies navigate social media for competitive advantage. Our program addresses the top social media subjects marketers want to learn about including tactics, engagement, measurement, tools and audience, helping individuals and their companies navigate the social media landscape, and gain a competitive edge.
- Integrate the use of social media tools into implementation of marketing initiatives and other strategic business initiatives
- Design and implement a social media strategy
- Discover new media technologies and identify which is best suited for your product or business
- Implement measurement strategies to track and measure the ROI of social media
- Map metrics and evaluate results of specific social media driven results
- Understand how to form and optimize social networks
Program Entry Information
This program typically starts in fall quarter.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or a C grade inRDG 085 , and ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or a C grade in ENGL 092 .
- ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of C or better inMATH 090
Degree and Certificate Requirements
This program is open to all students.