Choose Bellingham Technical College’s Accounting program to prepare to get top accounting jobs. Employment choices are extensive in the high-demand field of accounting and financial jobs with this associate degree; you could work in a variety of office and business settings doing full-service bookkeeping, accounts receivable/payable, general ledgers, or payroll. If you’re good with numbers and have a high attention to detail, BTC’s associate degree Accounting Program will provide you a wide range of skills to use with top employers. Our graduates find bookkeeper and accountant jobs at wholesale firms and retail businesses; in local, state, and federal government; with service providers; and with health and education organizations.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to apply “Generally Accepted Accounting Principles” the recording of business transactions and preparation of financial statements for a merchandising business.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate effective skills using computerized accounting software.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate effective skills computing payrolls, payroll taxes, and tax forms.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate effective 10-key skills.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in work processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in basic keyboarding.
- Graduates will be able to provide effective accounting support to an employer.
Program Entry Information
The program typically starts in Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer Quarters on a space available basis.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of C or better in MATH 090
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or a C grade in RDG 085
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or a C grade in ENGL 092
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Accounting Degree and Certificate students must have a C in all degree classes (required and elective), but there is no minimum overall GPA expectation.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer