In a world where everyday items are increasingly dependent upon computers – from phones to televisions to medical equipment – the need for skilled workers who can troubleshoot computer software issues is growing. If you enjoy combining technical and customer service skills in a variety of business and office settings, Bellingham Technical College’s Computer Software Support Technology associate degree could be a good fit to get your tech career started. BTC’s Computer Software Support Technology program will train you for top jobs in computer support, software, help desk support, PC support, and training and software support coordination.
BTC’s classes will train you in valuable software and computer support skills needed by companies big and small, including hospitals, financial institutions, large corporations, school districts, and universities. Computer hardware and software manufacturers also hire BTC’s program graduates to work as customer service representatives and help desk personnel.
Students in the Computer Software Support associate degree program at Bellingham Technical College will receive training in word processing, spreadsheets and databases; teaching others how to use computers and software; basic computer programming and website building; operating system installation and configuration; and more.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation graphic.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate effective software support to users.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in introductory programming concepts.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency of the basic concepts used by webmasters.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in installing and configuring Operating Systems.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency of the basic concepts used by networking professionals
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency of the basic components of a computer.
Program Entry Information
This program typically starts in Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer Quarters on a space available basis.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or a C grade in RDG 085 , and ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or a C grade in ENGL 092 .
- ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of C or better in MATH 090
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Computer Software Support Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer