Choose this program to train as a data entry specialist, clerk typist, note reader, or word processor. With BTC’s Data Entry Specialist program, you’ll have valuable skills needed by employers in nearly every sector. Many data specialists telecommute, working from their homes on computers linked to their employer’s main office.
- Graduates will be able to enter data into spreadsheets and databases in a timely and accurate manner.
Program Entry Information
The program typically starts in Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer Quarters.
These requirements are for the Certificate.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or a C grade in RDG 085 , and ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or a C grade in ENGL 092 .
- ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of C or better in MATH 090
Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Data Entry Specialist Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.
Pre-Program Course Requirements
- Students must have an ACCUPLACER score of 50 in Arithmetic or a grade of “C” or better in MATH 090.