Choose Bellingham Technical College’s Accounting program to prepare to get top accounting jobs. Employment choices are extensive in the high-demand field of accounting and financial jobs with this associate degree; you could work in a variety of office and business settings doing full-service bookkeeping, accounts receivable/payable, general ledgers, or payroll. If you’re good with numbers and have a high attention to detail, BTC’s associate degree Accounting Program will provide you a wide range of skills to use with top employers. Our graduates find bookkeeper and accountant jobs at wholesale firms and retail businesses; in local, state, and federal government; with service providers; and with health and education organizations.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships to analyze and record business transactions and prepare financial statements for both a service and a merchandising business.
- Competently use an integrated accounting software program to record transactions and create financial reports and statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply payroll laws, compute payroll, record payroll entries and prepare federal and state forms that pertain to payroll.
- Use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for partnerships and corporations to analyze and record business transactions; prepare and evaluate financial statements.
- Interpret and apply managerial accounting information in various business decision-making roles.
- Use a spreadsheet program to solve business problems using formulas, functions, lists, and charts.
- Apply communication and interpersonal skills in a business environment while providing effective accounting support to an employer.
Program Entry Information
Students may begin this program in any quarter.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic score of 50 or MATH 090 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or RDG 085 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or ENGL 092 with a C or better.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Accounting Degree and Certificate students must have a C in all degree classes (required and elective), but there is no minimum overall GPA expectation.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer