The rapid expansion of the computer industry has generated a growing need for highly skilled workers to repair, network, and support these complex computer systems. Employment of computer networking engineers is expected to increase much faster than average as information technology becomes more sophisticated and organizations continue to adopt and integrate these technologies. The computer networking field requires specialists who continually learn new skills to keep pace with the rapidly changing IT industry.
BTC’s degrees and certificates in the Computer Networking Program are ideal for students with skillsets and interests in information technology, working with and troubleshooting computers, assisting the public, customer service, and more. Your computer networking career training will help you learn in-demand skills for a rewarding career in the fast-paced world of modern business.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Install, configure, and administer an advanced application server.
- Install, configure, and administer a Microsoft Windows Network.
- Design, develop, implement, and document a complex project.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technical and interpersonal knowledge and skills in professional setting.
- Design and implement a group project.
- Demonstrate industry competency in fundamental concepts used by computer networking professionals.
Program Entry Information
Students may begin this program in any quarter.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or RDG 085 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or ENGL 092 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic score of 38 or MATH 090 or ABE 050 with a C or better.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Computer Network Technology AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater. AAS-T Degree requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all academic courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer