In a world where everyday items are increasingly dependent upon computers – from phones to televisions to medical equipment – the need for skilled workers who can troubleshoot computer software issues is growing. If you enjoy combining technical and customer service skills in a variety of business and office settings, Bellingham Technical College’s Computer Software Support Technology associate degree could be a good fit to get your tech career started. BTC’s Computer Software Support Technology program will train you for top jobs in computer support, software, help desk support, PC support, and training and software support coordination.
BTC’s classes will train you in valuable software and computer support skills needed by companies big and small, including hospitals, financial institutions, large corporations, school districts, and universities. Computer hardware and software manufacturers also hire BTC’s program graduates to work as customer service representatives and help desk personnel.
Students in the Computer Software Support associate degree program at Bellingham Technical College will receive training in word processing, spreadsheets and databases; teaching others how to use computers and software; basic computer programming and website building; operating system installation and configuration; and more.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Apply industry standard IT networking solutions to understand and troubleshoot networking issues.
- Design and develop an IT Helpdesk disaster recovery plan.
- Troubleshoot operating systems or software problems.
- Design and develop a hardware-based user needs assessment.
- Use a variety of scripting tools or languages to automate routine tasks.
- Provide satisfactory helpdesk solutions to problems or scenarios with Word, Excel, Access, or PowerPoint using industry standard helpdesk procedures.
- Provide efficient and effective IT technical support to clients in a manner that promotes safe computing practices and encourages effective working relationships.
Program Entry Information
Students may begin this program in any quarter.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic score of 50 or MATH 090 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or RDG 085 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or ENGL 092 with a C or better.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Computer Software Support Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer