This program will prepare you for a career as a civil engineering technician, computer aided drafter, construction manager, transportation technician, or GIS technician. You’ll learn valuable skills like civil drawing, design, geographic information systems (GIS) and field engineering.
If you’re looking for a program that will put you on a solid career track with employers such as high-tech industries, civil engineering and surveying firms, the Department of Transportation, or civil construction companies, then look into Civil Engineering at BTC.
- Produce a wide variety of design quality plan sets using computer aided drafting methods.
- Inspect and track project revisions to produce As-Built record drawings using appropriate design standards.
- Import, export, and create several types of GIS data for the production of specialized planning and demonstration maps.
- Calculate quantities and assign costs for the production of detailed cost estimates and schedules for a variety of construction projects.
- Assess and approve specifications for construction materials.
- Communicate, solve, and present engineering problems using Microsoft Office programs.
- Solve engineering problems using a variety of mathematical processes and quantitative reasoning.
Program Entry Information
Students may begin working toward this degree quarterly.
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360-752-8345 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with academic planning.
- Students are required to take the Reading, Sentence Skills, and Arithmetic portions of the ACCUPLACER Placement Test prior to enrolling for classes.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Engineering technology: civil specialization AAS-T degree, AAS degree and certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all academic courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer