Prepare for your engineering and design career through this program. Then, work in an engineering office environment at structural engineering companies, manufacturing firms, architectural firms, refineries, construction companies.
Learn drawing and design skills to use as a mechanical engineering technician, mechanical drafter, computer aided drafter, engineering technician, or production planner.
- Create fully dimensioned orthographic and isometric CAD drawings that adhere to national standards (i.e. ANSI) and industry conventions.
- Interpret rough sketches/drawings/actual parts and transform into 2D CAD drawings according to ANSI and industry standards for the purpose of manufacture, fabrication, and/or assembly.
- Utilize parametric solid modeling software to generate 3D part models, 3D assembly models, and 2D detail/assembly drawings.
- Apply statics principles to evaluate forces in structural elements that comprise trusses, machines, and frames.
- Evaluate the stress, strain, and deflection levels of engineering components subjected to deformation, axial loads, and shear loads.
- Utilize MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to generate engineering documents, reports, tables, charts, spread sheets, and presentations.
Program Entry Information
Students may begin working toward this degree quarterly.
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360-752-8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
- Students are required to take the Reading, Sentence Skills, and Arithmetic portions of the ACCUPLACER Placement Test prior to enrolling for classes.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Engineering Technology: Mechanical Design Specialization AAS-T Degree, AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all academic courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer