BTC’s Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program will prepare you for a career as an HVAC & Refrigeration Technician. You’ll learn new, higher-efficiency technologies and practices, with the valuable hands-on training that employers are looking for.
In two years, you can be well-positioned for high-wage employment with heating and air conditioning contractors, refrigeration contractors, hotels, school systems, or industrial processing plants.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Safely and properly install and service systems adhering to environmental laws and regulations as they apply to the HVAC/R industry.
- Demonstrate positive work traits and good customer service skills as a member of a technical team.
- Diagnose and repair common electrical and mechanical problems in HVAC/R residential, commercial and industrial systems.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with customers, managers, and co-workers.
- Identify and use appropriate technical literature to install, maintain and service HVAC/R systems.
Program Entry Information
- This program admits students in the fall quarter.
These requirements are for the AAS degree and are lower than those for the AAS-T degree. Please see the AAS-T Entry Page for AAS-T requirements.
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic score of 38 or MATH 090 or ABE 050 with a C or better
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or RDG 085 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or ENGL 092 with a C or better.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of C-/1.7 or greater. AAS-T Degree requires a cumulative GPA of C-/1.7 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all academic courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer