Choose BTC’s Nursing Assistant program and work in a wide variety of medical settings. The knowledge and skills you’ll gain are highly valued by health care industry employers such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and home health agencies.
The Nursing Assistant program is approved by the State of Washington, Department of Health, Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.
Students who complete the Nursing Assistant program will be eligible to take their state certification exam.
- Demonstrate clinical competencies defined in WAC 246-841
- Identify and apply nursing knowledge necessary in the nursing assistant role
Program Entry Information
Students are offered enrollment in the Nursing Assistant Program on a space-available basis.
- Students are admitted in the summer, fall, winter, and spring quarters.
- Reading Comprehension: Test Score of 50 or higher OR Essential Reading (ABE 054 )
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic: Test score of 38 or higher OR Basic Math (ABE 050 )
Pre-Program Course Requirements
- There are no pre-program requirements. Healthcare Provider CPR and HIV may be taken before the program starts but this is not required.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of 2.0 (C) for required courses.
Other Application Forms