Choose this program to train for a career as a receptionist or office assistant. Employers such as physician’s offices, law firms, temporary help agencies, and consulting firms are in need of skilled office staff. You could also work for manufacturing and industrial firms, telecommunications companies, and retail and wholesale organizations, plus many other businesses that need office clerical support.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate competency in touch keyboarding at 40 wpm on a three minute timing with a three error limit.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate 73 percent competency in word processing, written business communication, business math, effective oral communication skills, office skills and procedures, and MS Windows.
Program Entry Information
Students may begin this program in any quarter.
These requirements are for the Certificate.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 71 or RDG 085 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 71 or ENGL 092 with a C or better.
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic score of 50 or MATH 090 with a C or better.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.