If you are interested in pursuing a career in the health care industry as a dental hygienist, then look into BTC’s Dental Hygiene program. You’ll learn the clinical skills and core professional values needed to launch a rewarding career in private and public settings, such as dental offices and public health clinics. Dental hygiene students learn under the supervision of licensed dentists and dental hygienists on state-of-the-art equipment in BTC’s on-campus dental clinic. Program graduates are well-positioned for employment, with the hands-on clinical experience employers need today.
- Demonstrate positive work ethics, team skills and professional values integral the profession of Dental Hygiene.
- Utilize wellness, health determinants, & characteristics of various patient populations to promote oral health and reduce health risks in a variety of settings.
- Apply current dental hygiene techniques, instruments, and materials to provide preventive and therapeutic services in accordance with all safety and health standards.
- Assess, plan, implement & evaluate community based health promotion and prevention programs and activities to benefit the general population.
- Demonstrate cognitive retention of dental terminology, theory, and science.
- Identify and access opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Apply the principles of evidence based research and decision making in the planning and implementation of dental hygiene care.
- Qualify for all national and regional examinations required to practice as a Registered Dental Hygienist in the State of Washington.
- Manage medical emergencies and provide appropriate life support measures using professional judgment.
Program Entry Information
This program usually admits students again in Fall Quarter. This program has a selective admissions process.
Students are typically offered enrollment in Dental Hygiene once every other year.
These requirements are for the AAS-T degree.
- ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension score of 85 or B grade in RDG 085 , and ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills score of 86 or B grade in ENGL 092 or C grade in COM 170.
- BTC College Level Math score of 75 or a C grade in MATH 099 .
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Dental Hygiene Degree completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for required courses.
General Education Courses
Other Application Forms
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science - Transfer