BTC’s Industrial Maintenance & Mechatronics program places graduates in solid careers as industrial electricians, millwrights or instrument technicians. Demand for skilled workers is strong in high-growth industries such as refining, water treatment, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and power generation.
As an Industrial Maintenance & Mechatronics graduate, you’ll possess a broad range of highly-sought skills and knowledge. BTC’s program will teach you to troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and analyze sophisticated equipment in advanced manufacturing operations. Electro-Mechanical is a great program choice if you want a high-wage career with local employers.
- Design, analyze, and diagnose basic electrical systems through the application of electrical theory fundamentals.
- Design, analyze, and diagnose basic industrial mechanical systems through the application of hydraulic, pneumatic, lever and pulley theory fundamentals.
- Ensure safe work practices and installations through compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and industry standards including the National Electrical Code, WAC Chapter 296 and related RCW.
- Use proper tools and test equipment to construct and maintain power, lighting, signaling, and control systems in industrial settings.
- Use proper tools and test equipment to construct and maintain mechanical systems in industrial settings.
- Install new and modify existing process systems and components utilizing appropriate electrical and millwright/mechanical skills and materials
- Communicate clearly with team members, supervisor, and others in the workplace, effectively using oral communication as well as drawings, blueprints, and other documents.
- Exhibit professional personal conduct and appearance appropriate to the workplace.
Find important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: www.btc.edu/GE
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Industrial Maintenance & Mechatronics AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all General Education courses and minimum grade of C-/1.7 for program courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science