If you have a high attention to detail, and are looking for a solid career in the legal field, choose this program to prepare to be a legal administrative assistant, legal receptionist, or legal secretary. Employment choices are many for highly-skilled workers in this field. BTC’s Legal Administrative Assistant Program will provide you a wide range of skills to use with employers such as law firms, government offices, real estate firms, and corporate offices.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Type 35 words per minute with no more than four errors on a three-minute timed writing.
- Apply legal terminology and knowledge of legal resources to produce and analyze legal documents.
- Produce accurate business documents in a variety of file formats using computer technology and applying editing and language skills.
- Use a spreadsheet program to solve business problems using formulas, functions, lists, and charts.
- Analyze, calculate, and interpret financial data.
- Apply techniques for managing time, records, and meetings in an office environment.
- Use Microsoft Outlook to create electronic messages and contacts, manage multiple calendars, and track tasks.
- Apply communication and interpersonal skills while providing effective administrative support in a legal office environment.
Find important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: www.btc.edu/GE
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Legal Administrative Assistant Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer