If you’re interested in working with your hands to turn designs into the parts and products that make the world work, then a career in machining could be for you. Bellingham Technical College’s Machining program will give you training for top jobs in aerospace, manufacturing, fabricating, and CNC custom shops. You’ll be prepared to work right away as a machinist; with experience you can advance to journey-level machining, tool programming, CNC operating, or engineering.
Bellingham Technical College’s labs will train you for your career with high-tech machining equipment. In your classes, you’ll learn how to use machine tools such as lathes, drill presses, and milling machines, in addition to blueprint reading, basic CNC programming and machine processes. Employers who hire graduates from BTC’s Machining program include aircraft, boat, and automobile manufacturers, industrial machinery firms, and machine shops.
- Demonstrate competency in their ability to operate machine shop equipment: lathes, mills, grinders, and drills
- Demonstrate competency in their ability to read and interpret blueprints per industry standards
- Successfully demonstrate their ability to process and plan a piece part through the lab until completion
- Demonstrate competency in CNC machine tool operation and programming
- Demonstrate competency in CAM design and manufacturing
Find important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: www.btc.edu/GE
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Precision Machining AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater. AAS-T Degree requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all General Education courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer