The Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Technology (BASET) program at Bellingham Technical College prepares undergraduates by fostering the development of extensive problem-solving skills, design skills, and engineering judgment as well as fundamental industry knowledge and research experience through the combination of a rigorous curriculum and hands-on learning.
Our Engineering Technology program focuses on real-world application of engineering principles. Engineering technologists play a critical role in the fields of advanced manufacturing, electrical and mechanical systems, and chemical processing by serving as a nexus between engineers and technicians. From conception to design, development, testing and production of equipment, components, and processes, Engineering technologists make an essential contribution to the engineering field.
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
Students must complete an accredited associate degree or higher, and if necessary take these additional courses before applying to the program:
- ENGL& 101
- Any 5 credits designated as humanities
- MATH& 141 or MATH& 142 or MATH& 151
- ENGR 180 or ENGR& 114 or Program Lead approval
Bridge Courses- Up to 15 credits- are required for entry into the Core Courses. Students must complete these courses before being admitted to the 300-level Core courses.
- MATH& 142 or MATH& 151
- PHYS& 114 or PHYS& 221
- CHEM& 161
Engineering Technology: Bachelor of Applied Science Degree completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all General Education, Core, and Elective courses.