Choose Bellingham Technical College’s Accounting program to prepare to get top accounting jobs. Employment choices are extensive in the high-demand field of accounting and financial jobs with this associate degree; you could work in a variety of office and business settings doing full-service bookkeeping, accounts receivable/payable, general ledgers, or payroll. If you’re good with numbers and have a high attention to detail, BTC’s associate degree Accounting Program will provide you a wide range of skills to use with top employers. Our graduates find bookkeeper and accountant jobs at wholesale firms and retail businesses; in local, state, and federal government; with service providers; and with health and education organizations.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships to analyze and record business transactions and prepare financial statements for both a service and a merchandising business.
- Competently use an integrated accounting software program to record transactions and create financial reports and statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply payroll laws, compute payroll, record payroll entries and prepare federal and state forms that pertain to payroll.
- Use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for partnerships and corporations to analyze and record business transactions; prepare and evaluate financial statements.
- Interpret and apply managerial accounting information in various business decision-making roles.
- Use a spreadsheet program to solve business problems using formulas, functions, lists, and charts.
- Apply communication and interpersonal skills in a business environment while providing effective accounting support to an employer.
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Accounting Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a minimum grade of C/2.0 in all courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer