The rapid expansion of the computer industry has generated a growing need for highly skilled workers to repair, network, and support these complex computer systems. Employment of computer networking engineers is expected to increase much faster than average as information technology becomes more sophisticated and organizations continue to adopt and integrate these technologies. The computer networking field requires specialists who continually learn new skills to keep pace with the rapidly changing IT industry.
BTC’s degrees and certificates in the Information Technology Program are ideal for students with skillsets and interests in Computer Networking, working with and troubleshooting computers, assisting the public, customer service, and more. Your computer networking career training will help you learn in-demand skills for a rewarding career in the fast-paced world of modern business.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Install, configure, and administer an advanced application server.
- Install, configure, and administer a Microsoft Windows Network.
- Design, develop, implement, and document a complex project.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technical and interpersonal knowledge and skills in professional settings.
- Design and implement a group project.
- Demonstrate industry competency in fundamental concepts used by computer networking professionals.
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Computer Networking AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. AAS-T Degree requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and minimum grade of C/2.0 for all General Education courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer