BTC’s Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program will prepare you for a career as an HVAC & Refrigeration Technician. You’ll learn new, higher-efficiency technologies and practices, with the valuable hands-on training that employers are looking for.
In two years, you can be well-positioned for high-wage employment with heating and air conditioning contractors, refrigeration contractors, hotels, school systems, or industrial processing plants.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Safely and properly install and service systems adhering to environmental laws and regulations as they apply to the HVAC/R industry.
- Demonstrate positive work traits and good customer service skills as a member of a technical team.
- Diagnose and repair common electrical and mechanical problems in HVAC/R residential, commercial and industrial systems.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with customers, managers, and co-workers.
- Identify and use appropriate technical literature to install, maintain and service HVAC/R systems.
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration AAS Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a minimum grade of C-/1.7 for HVACR classes. AAS-T Degree requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, minimum grade of C-/1.7 for all HVACR classes and a minimum grade of C/2.0 for all General Education courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer