Train for a career as an administrative assistant, administrative secretary, office administrator, or office manager and work in your choice of business and office settings. BTC’s Administrative Assistant program will prepare you for success in today’s business world, as you use your math, communication, and technical reading skills—and discover your personal strengths. The Administrative Assistant program will give you the hands-on and classroom instruction that all kinds of employers need. You could work in service firms like education and health, legal and finance, insurance or real estate. Manufacturing, construction, and transportation companies also hire skilled administrative assistants.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate proper keyboarding technique with a minimum speed and accuracy.
- Perform math calculations for business scenarios and analyze business financial documents.
- Communicate verbally and in writing using standard English.
- Prepare business documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Create and manage files in Microsoft Office, Google, and Adobe applications.
- Analyze business organizational structure and the role of an administrative assistant in the office environment.
- Apply techniques for managing time, organizing records, and running meetings in an office environment.
Admissions application and assessment in Reading, Math, and Writing is required. Your placement will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Administrative Assistant Degree and Office Assistant Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a minimum grade of C/2.0 in all courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science