Train for a career as an administrative assistant, administrative secretary, office administrator, or office manager and work in your choice of business and office settings. BTC's Administrative Assistant program will prepare you for success in today's business world, as you use your math, communication, and technical reading skills—and discover your personal strengths. The Administrative Assistant program will give you the hands-on and classroom instruction that all kinds of employers need. You could work in service firms like education and health, legal and finance, insurance or real estate. Manufacturing, construction, and transportation companies also hire skilled administrative assistants.
After successfully completing this program, graduates will be able to:
- Type 35 words per minute with no more than four errors on a three-minute timed writing.
- Produce accurate business documents in a variety of file formats using computer technology and applying editing and language skills.
- Use a spreadsheet program to solve business problems using formulas, functions, lists, and charts.
- Apply techniques for managing time, records, and meetings in an office environment.
- Organize records according to ARMA rules and procedures.
- Use Microsoft Outlook to create electronic messages and contacts, manage multiple calendars, and track tasks.
- Design and create a relational database that includes tables, multiple form types, simple and action queries, and reports
- Integrate Microsoft Access and Word to prepare a mail merge for form letters, mailing labels, and envelopes.
- Apply communication and interpersonal skills while providing effective administrative support in an office environment.
Admissions application and assessment testing in Reading, Math, and Sentence Skills are required. Your score on the test and/or your previous transcripts will determine where you begin your course sequence. Contact Admissions at 360.752.8345 or at email@example.com for assistance with academic planning.
Degree and Certificate Requirements
Administrative Assistant Degree and Certificate completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a minimum grade of C/2.0 in all courses.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science - Transfer