The Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Technology (BAS-ET) program at Bellingham Technical College prepares undergraduates by fostering the development of extensive problem-solving skills, design skills, and engineering judgment as well as fundamental industry knowledge and research experience through the combination of a rigorous curriculum and hands-on learning.
Our Engineering Technology program focuses on real-world application of engineering principles. Engineering technologists play a critical role in the fields of advanced manufacturing, electrical and mechanical systems, and chemical processing by serving as a nexus between engineers and technicians. From conception to design, development, testing and production of equipment, components, and processes, Engineering technologists make an essential contribution to the engineering field.
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
Program Admission Requirement
- Completed Accredited Associate Degree or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- NOTE: Earning an Associate degree does not mean that you will be automatically accepted into the BAS-ENGT program. You will still need to go through a competitive application process.
- For more information please contact our Program Office Coordinator, Heide Willbrandt at 360.752.8478 or email@example.com.
Engineering Technology: Bachelor of Applied Science degree completion requires a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and minimum grade of C/2.0 for each ENGT course.
ProgramsBachelor of Applied Science